Friday, January 18, 2008

Clinical Reflections

+ I was more concise. It was difficult. But I stayed calm. I became more aware of my own process. I was able to help the CL open up a little more, explore her thoughts, and articulate them better. (How did you do that?)

Things Learned:

1. Reframing or transforming the stated goal: Keep something (thoughts, feelings, etc.) from happening --> How to deal with it when it does come up?

2. When the CL is more practically oriented, spend less time on meaning making and more on problem solving.

3. Be aware of categorical thinking. Keep in mind of the "both...and..." and thinking in a continuum. It is not about "either A or B." You do not have to minimize/deny a negative event in order to be secure. Minimizing it actually adds more anxiety. Accept it, see it as it is, and move on.

No comments: