Wednesday, October 10, 2007

PSYC 627 (6) - Oct. 9

Apparently it has been quite a while since I took time to reflect on my classes and record those introspections. Thesis has been the priority for this past month.

Yesterday we had an in-class activity to come up with a research proposal and then to critique another. It felt strange and awkward. I guess I was tired and almost felt being looked down upon. Maybe the other was a little overconfident. Yet again maybe that is a good thing to come down strong and push things forward. It is interesting that I felt that my opinions were not valued. Yet quite a bit of what we presented were raised by my suggestions. Maybe I also need to adjust my expectations and refocus on the positive, collaborative aspects.

Another issue is that there are always pros and cons for all research designs. It is more important to justify your design and acknowledge the potential limitation rather than finding the "perfect" way, since such a thing does not exist.

No comments: